Hi Dave, thank you for looking into the issue!

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021, Dave Plater wrote:

I'm not sure which codec is involved in "Microsoft Teams"

Unfortunately I'm not sure either. I get no relevant errors on the
terminal or on the javascript console. But I have seen Teams video calls
working in Chromium in the recent past (a month ago maybe). I suspect the
codec is MPEG-4 ASP because I get "not supported" when I visit on
html5test.com:

MPEG-4 ASP support      No ✘
H.264 support          Yes ✔
H.265 support           No ✘
Ogg Theora support     Yes ✔
WebM with VP8 support  Yes ✔
WebM with VP9 support  Yes ✔

Is anybody getting different results on Chromium?

but the
summery for chromium-ffmpeg-extra says "Extra ffmpeg codecs for
browsers based on Chromium" the actual ffmpeg libraries libavcodec
libavformat etc are required by chromium itself. If you know the
specific codec you can find out what your ffmpeg provides with "ffmpeg
-codecs"

I see a codec listed that can handle MPEG-4 AVC:

 DEV.LS h264                 H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
(decoders: h264 h264_v4l2m2m h264_qsv h264_cuvid ) (encoders: libx264
libx264rgb h264_nvenc h264_qsv h264_v4l2m2m h264_vaapi nvenc nvenc_h264 )

if you don't have the packman versions of libavcodec, the
actual package that Tubleweed chromium uses is libavcodec58_91, then
this may be your problem.

I just verified that I have it installed from Packman repo, here is what
`zypper search -v` shows:

 i+ | libavcodec58_91                 | package | 4.3.1-9.7  | x86_64 | Packman
Repository

What remains as a mystery to me, is how the library
/usr/lib64/chromium-ffmpeg-extra/libffmpeg.so gets loaded by Chromium or
ffmpeg. I have grep'ed or strace'd my whole system with no results. That
path is not listed anywhere. I am starting to believe that this package is
not working any longer.

Thanks,
Dimitris