Hi,

On Wed, 01 May 2024, 12:10:47 +0200, Masaru Nomiya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the Message;
>
>   Subject    : Re: [packman] Kodi 21.0 Omega - Update against sound issues on
> Leap
>   Date & Time: Wed, 1 May 2024 11:08:59 +0200
>
> [MH] == Manfred Hollstein <manfre...@gmx.net> has written:
>
> [...]
> MN> > You two SHOULD ask Google.
>
> MH>  I did so several times, and I also looked at issues in github, but
> MH>  haven't found clear indications that it's absolutely not ready yet.
>
> Hmmm, keywords are bad.....
>
> Cf;
>
>   https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=377077
>
>    [...]
>    I use Alsa, because in Pulseaudio passthrough does not work, at
>    least here on my side. Pipewire does not work with Kodi 20 and it
>    seems that there are enough troubles with Kodi 21 and Pipewire?!
>    So, what else should i use than Alsa?
>    [...]
>
> MH>  FWIW, I have a change sitting in
>
> MH>    https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/show/home:manfred-h/kodi
>
> MH>  which introduces a new conditional "kodi_without_pipewire" defaulting to
> MH>  omit pipewire for now. Will create a new SR when the builds are
> MH>  finished.
>
> FYI.
>
> 1. Under pipewire + pipewire-pulseaudio, kodi crashes on startup.
>   However, kodi --audio-backend=pulseaudio starts, but no sound.
>
> 2. Under pipewire + pulseaudio, kodi starts up but no sound.
>   However, kodi --audio-backend=pulseaudio make sounds.
>   kodi is playing sound via pipewire. It is not unreasonable to assume
>   that pipewire is functioning properly.
>
> Anyway, I think you should file a bug report upstream immediately?

As I wrote several times before, I cannot reproduce what you see! Both
variants work for me here and produce sound. May I suggest that you
create an issue upstream? Please include all details such as OS platform
and the version of pipewire including where you got them from.

> Best Regards & Good Night.

See you tomorrow!

Cheers.

l8er