assalaamu'alaikum sanak.,

  tambah cingkahak kepalo negaronyo kepada Islam.,
  tambah banyak nan pindah menjadi Islam. Surang senator
  Keith Ellison sajak mahasiswa masuk Islam. Walikota
  ado babarapa nan Islam. Baru-baru ko di Georgia
  batambah pulo surang.

  Berito dibawah:

  ajoduta/60

            US MAYOR CONVERTS TO ISLAM -
Associated Press, 2/2/07
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/02/02/america/NA-GEN-US-Mayor-Islam.php

MACON, Ga. - Macon Mayor Jack Ellis has converted to Islam and is now working
to legally change his name to Hakim Mansour Ellis.

Ellis, who was raised Christian, said Thursday that he became a Sunni Muslim
during a December ceremony in the west African nation of Senegal.

Ellis said he has been studying the Quran for years and that his new religion
was originally practiced by his ancestors before they were brought to North
America as slaves.

[SEE: The Founding Fathers and Islam ]

"Why does one become a Christian?" Ellis said. "You do it because it feels
right. It's the right thing for you to do. ... To me it's no big deal. But
people like to know what you believe in. And this is what I believe in."

At the request of his two of his daughters, Ellis said he will keep his last
name the same.

Ellis has not ruled out future runs for elected office after his term expires
this year. But he said he had not made any calculations for how his religious
conversion might affect him politically. He said he is an American first and is
proud to live in a country founded on religious freedom.

Muslims should not be painted with a broad brush simply because of a few
radicals, he said.

"If anybody wants to know about Islam, I can hold an intelligent conversation,"
Ellis said. "What I've found is how little we know about the religion."

SEE ALSO:

GA: ELLIS SAYS HE'S CONVERTED TO ISLAM AND WANTS NAME CHANGE - TOP
Matt Barnwell, Macon Telegraph, 2/1/07
http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/16600441.htm

Macon Mayor Jack Ellis has converted to Islam and is working to legally change
his name to Hakim Mansour Ellis.

The mayor, raised as a Christian, said Thursday that he has been studying the
Koran for years and made the religious switch at a December ceremony in the
country of Senegal on the western African coast. Ellis is now a Sunni Muslim,
having chosen a religion he said was originally practiced by his west African
ancestors before they were brought to America by slave traders.

Ellis said his decision was a personal one, though he understands his elected
position breeds public interest in his choice. It was not something he decided
overnight to do, he said.

"Why does one become a Christian? ... You do it because it feels right. It's
the right thing for you to do. ... To me it's no big deal. But people like to
know what you believe in. And this is what I believe in."

__._,_.___   Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new
topic
  **
12th IMAAM Annual General Assembly
"Bringing IMAAM to the next level: Are you ready?"
Saturday, Feb 3rd, 2007
5:00PM - 8:15PM
Twinbrook Elementary School
5911 Ridgway Avenue, Rockville MD 20851

##
All views expressed in an email posting are the responsibility of the sender
and do not necessarily reflect the views of the organization. IMAAM is a Non
Profit 501c3 organization. Only Non Profit related activities are posted on the
IMAAMNet list.

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to
Traditional

    Visit Your Group
      Give Back
  Yahoo! for Good
  Get inspired
  by a good cause.

    Y! Toolbar
  Get it Free!
  easy 1-click access
  to your groups.

    Yahoo! Groups
  Start a group
  in 3 easy steps.
  Connect with others.

  .

--
Wassalamu `Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

Alam Terkembang Kalam Ilahi
www.west-sumatra.com

Sukseskan Pulang Basamo 2008
visit: www.west-sumatra.com
Sukseskan Pulang Basamo se Dunia, Juni 2008.
Website: http://www.rantaunet.org