On Wed, 10 May 2000, Jose Rodriguez wrote:

> I can tell you that Microsoft is doing exactly what it needs to get out of the
>catch-22 trap referred to by a previous email.
> The free dev system is very tempting to us developers, to "adapt" our Palm
>applications to WinCE.
> This strategy will dramatically increase the number of applications for their PDAs.

Absolutely right.  I have avoided the WinCE like the plague, even though
I have owned just about every HP that has come along.  But I am now
going to get the new development system (already ordered) and a 545 or
548.  Quite frankly, I don't see how anyone can overlook this device or
MicroSoft.

That will be a failed strategy.  While I love my two palms, I don't
believe in the Zen of Palm.  It (that market) can be swallowed by
MicroSoft and it would be foolish to underestimate MicroSoft.

I hope to see more color devices with sound capability and larger
screens.  That is really all it will take to hold off MicroSoft.

They are not there yet but for any company to rest on their laurals and
count MicroSoft out, would be a mistake.