Mike Davis,

On Fri, 19 May 2000 12:24:04 -0700, you said:

> This is also a little difficult to manage.

Sorry if this already been stated but I am trying to figure out how to
get around this as well.  For various reasons the time to draw my form
is about 1 second long.  Not huge, but not the "instant switch" we all
love about Palm OS (compared to Wince).  I really don't /want/ my
program to "update" and re-draw on the real thing instead of taking
advantage of the much faster "saved background" feature.  It wouldn't
matter so much if I only have to redraw it while debugging but then I
need to compile two different codes.  One to use while debugging and
another for the real ROM that takes advantage of the saved background
feature.

In principle this feature of the 3.5 debug ROMS is a good one.  I agree
with what you were trying to accomplish.  In general I would leave it
on.  But I have one part of my program that I am forced to debug "blind"
because I can't see what is supposed to be there.  Would it be possible
to turn this feature on and off with a switch?

BTW, the saved bits... Are they on the stack?  Or in regular RAM?

derik

                     email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                     WWW:    http://www.pobox.com/~derik/