Hi Stevie,
Like you I am also new to Palm programming. Sounds like you've already come
far(he said enthusiastically...). Anyways, I've recently had the same kind
of problems you are describing.
I am not sure what exactly you are asking so
1/ If you are trying to separate UI from inner functionality here are some
tips..
First off I would use lots of structures(in c) or if
you can manage it objects( in c++). Then in order to let the various parts
of your code see each other pass handles to your resources(i.e. your user
interface elements) into the structures.
2/ If you are trying to call functions in one .c from another .c...
-For each .c prototype your functions in a corresponding .h
-In each .h include main.h
-In main.h include all the .h files.
-This may be reffered to as the brute force method.
Also either pass globals from structure to structure or
declare them as static in the .c file where they appear first and
then declare them as extern in the other .c which use the variable.
This is my present uderstanding. I hope that if anyone violently disagrees,
that they would refine the model accordingly.
Nick Torenvliet
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Stevie
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2000 9:55 AM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: Will You please help me...
I am new to the Palm and the C programming language, and I am stuck. Will
you please help med with this little problem of mine?
I want to split up my app into two different parts: One Main part that
controls the access to my other parts (ie a menu with buttons that directs
the user to another part of my app)
I have tried to use header files and external calls in my appeventhandler
for the navigation to different .c sources and I have studied the adress
example that comes with CW for Palm R6.
How can I split up my source code into different parts.
Best regards / MVH
Stevie
Programmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe,
please see http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/support/forums/
--
For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, please see
http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/support/forums/