Hi Sumita,

Once you've got font data in the proper format for the Palm OS, the
easiest way to use it in your app is to:

1. Create a resource (typically type NFNT) with the data, and add
that to your application (e.g. NFNT=1000).

2. Install the font using code like this:

        #define kCustomFontResID        1000
        #define kCustomFontID           ((FontID)128)

        MemHandle h = DmGetResource('NFNT', kCustomFontResID);
        FntDefineFont(kCustomFontID, (FontPtr)MemHandleLock(h));

3. Explicitly call FntSetFont(kCustomFontID) to use the font, or set
the font id for the UI object (e.g. a text field) to be kCustomFontID.

-- Ken

At 12:00am -0700 00-06-24, Palm Developer Forum digest wrote:
>Subject: RE: Defining Custom Font
>From: "Nesse, Rustin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:18:14 -0700
>
>Not really.  It's like using a script font in Windows without actually
>having the font file loaded on your system.  You need to build your
>font, then convert it to a pbd (most of the font programs designed
>specifically for the Palm do so) and load it on your system along with
>your application.
>
>Hope that helps!
>-Rus

Ken Krugler