Petrus,

The code is at <ftp://ftp.transpac.com/globals/>. As mentioned in
Steve Mann's reply, the article in on his CD.

As to responses from Aaron Ardiri and Richard Hartman, yes there are
a variety of methods for implementing dynamic heap data storage that
persists during the lifetime of a shared library session. The reason
I implemented support for C-style globals is that I also had a large
body of existing code with many functions that required global access
(the Japanese input method for the Palm), so the easiest and fastest
way to port it to a shared library was to implement support for
A4-based globals.

-- Ken

At 12:00am -0700 00-07-01, Palm Developer Forum digest wrote:
>Subject: Globals in shared libraries and virtual drivers.
>From: "Petrus Wrangö" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:24:43 +0200
>
>Official information states that 'real' globals canot be used in a shared
>library.
>What I want to know is: Can I use globals in serial and virtual drivers?
>How?
>
>I'm also interested in using globals in shared libs, despite official info.
>
>Anyone knows the whereabouts of this article?:
>"PalmOS Shared-Library Globals," by Ken Krugler

Ken Krugler
TransPac Software, Inc.
<http://www.transpac.com>
+1 530-470-9200