It's recommended to have a section specified for each function, but not
required. You can leave some functions as they are, and they will be put in
the default section. If the default section overflows with too much code,
you will receive the message you got earlier:

region coderes is full (MRC-DM section .text)

You will also get this message if any of the sections you defined overflow.
For example:

region section1res is full (MRC-DM section section1)

As for the code -
If your application is designed like it should be, you will have your
function declarations in a header file (.h) and the definitions in a code
file (.c/.cpp).
You should define the section in the header file only, and leave the code
exactly like it is.

A little heads-up:
My application crashed after I installed it on the device (during Hotsync's
"cleaning up" part) when I called functions in a non-default section from
within PilotMain(), which is called during a Hotsync operation with cmd
parameter set to sysAppLaunchCmdSyncNotify

Again, good luck.

Jonathan