I need to prevent the user from switching to applications other than my own via
the soft keys (e.g. those four icons to the left and right of the input area)
no matter what application is currently running.  (I'm not happy with the idea,
but this is for a client.)

On the Zire 72, I've been able to register for the
sysNotifyVirtualCharHandlingEvent notification and handle things just fine.
However, on the TX, this only works for the upper-left soft key (Launcher).  I
never get a notification for the three other soft keys.  I've also tried
registering for sysNotifyInputAreaPenDownEvent notifications, and that doesn't
work either (no notification sent).

Does anyone know how I can do one of the following?

(1) catch a tap on a soft key and cause the system to ignore it, or launch my
application

(2) program all these soft keys to launch my application?

And, again, I need a solution that will work when my app is not currently
running (e.g. notifications).

Thanks.