Subject: RE: Is the T3 still relevant?
From: "Lee Church" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 22:26:30 -0600

I remember a post-conference session at the Palm Developer's Conference back
in 2001 or 2002 (my memory fuzzes a bit that far back), where Hawkins showed
the prototype converged phone/PDA, what became the clamshell first Treo (the
Handspring phone).  He predicted that wireless mobile devices would
eventually rule, and as skeptical as I was of the claim, I gave it credence
because I had seen over the previous few years just how well he understood
and envisioned the future.

If Palm had not developed the Treo line, it would be out of business today
and all converged devices would be running WM.  An speaking of WM, have you
seen how many vendors sell non-wireless consumer PDA devices with WM?  I
think only one major one is left: HP.  So this is an industry trend, not an
OS or single vendor issue.