From: %%email.bounce%@ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ryan Rix
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2008 2:47 PM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: Re: Is the T3 still relevant?

Hi,

>But I don't think it is a good use of my programming resources to build
application features that will only be available to a user who buys a used
machine on eBay

I'm not sure that's what he's saying: What about the people who owned this
device originally? Apparently it's stable and nice enough to keep Luc from
upgrading - how many other users will feel the same? I know many folks who
still use a T3 primarily, even though they've got a T|X; It really seems
like a nice device.

Just a few more cents,

Ryan

On 2/10/08, Lee Church <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

All of those are valid points from an engineering perspective, although many
would argue that while NVFS has some issues it is still a step forward.  But
speed is a relative issue, and the user's perceived speed has only an
indirect relationship to actual application speed.

But I don't think it is a good use of my programming resources to build
application features that will only be available to a user who buys a used
machine on eBay.  From a business-model perspective, that's not viable.  If
I do the work just because I want to and to prove what a wiz I am, that's
fine.  But I would not encourage any new Palm user to start by getting a
used machine with no warranty and suspect history.

Lee Church
www.mobitechsystems.com