Thanks for the suggestion, but still no joy. The rows are selectable, I can
place (and see) the insertion point anywhere in the field, and I can select
any or all of the characters in the field. I just can not change any of them
with Graffiti inputs. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Greg

> Subject: Re: [palm-dev-forum] Tables (sorry repeat)
> From: Holger Klawitter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:08:10 +0100
>
> I had the same problem, but after setting the row selectable (that's
different
> from usable) everything worked fine.

>> I'm a newbie Palm  programmer and need a little assistance.
>>
>> I'm trying to do something that I thought would be relatively simple but
>> is giving me a lot of problems. What I'm trying to do is set up some
Fields
>> for user I/O inside a table using the customTableItem style (ala the
"sales"
>> example in Rhodes & McKeehan)
>>
>> My basic approach in the main event handler is:
>>
>> case frmOpenEven:
>>     initailize the table by:
>>         set the rows usable
>>         mark the rows invalid
>>         set the column's style to customTableItem
>>         relocate the appropriate field into the table (row, column)
location