From: Don Albertson [mailto:don.albert...@verizon.net]
Sent: 22 December 2008 18:35
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: Re: Developing on Palm PDAs - what next?

I have to agree.

Historically, PDA's were useful as mobile data stores that could
synchronize with a master database.  Now that so many wireless devices
have the ability to connect directly to the master db, there's far less
need for the ability to store and sync.  The other thing that made Palm
devices and the Palm OS attractive was the minimalist Zen of Palm
approach -- the application didn't try to be everything a desktop was
because the technology couldn't support it.  It's hard to compete with
things like iPhones and netbook style PC's these days.

More's the pity.  But then I'm beginning to see the Luddite
point-of-view more clearly of late.

dga

--
I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure