Bob E. wrote:

>Also note the recent ZD net article about the M100... that information had
>to come from *somewhere*.

Undoubtedly true, although there isn't any reason to believe it came from
developers. I just received my copy of eWeek, a ZD publication, in the
mail yesterday, complete with pictures and a review of the m100. That
magazine had therefore been IN THE MAIL even before the announcement, and
obviously magazine lead times are such that they had had the pictures,
production model units, and information from Palm LONG before the
announcement. Given all that, doesn't it seem FAR more likely that leaks
like this come from the media, rather than from developers?

Note that I'm not advocating notice on this list (also known as public
announcement) well in advance of reality; that isn't sensible at all in
my view. But let's be clear about where leaks do and don't come from.

Steve Patt
President, Stevens Creek Software
  http://www.stevenscreek.com/palm
  Best PQA ("ePQA"), PalmSource 99
  Best Application ("PizzaScan"), Palm Developer's Conference 1998
  First printing software for the Palm - September, 1997