"Charles Rezsonya" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Are there any pro's or con's against using strings&string lists versus hard
> coding strings into the app?

Hard coding strings into the app make it much more difficult for
I18N. Even if you have no plans to do so, someone else may, using
overlays. Hard-coded strings use up precious heap space; resource
strings don't. Hard-coded strings are slightly easier to use than
resource strings. I personally never use hard-coded strings in my apps.

--
Dave Carrigan ([EMAIL PROTECTED])            | Yow! I just remembered something
UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS | about a TOAD!