"Chris DiPierro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

> I should point out that I'm using CW R6 here.
>
> I've tried both the PalmDebugger.exe which can't load CW's psym files from
> what I can tell as well as the built in palmplugin.dll (8/14/00 version)'s
> console. But both just list chunks as 'fM' or 'fm' or whatever w/o
symbols.

> Chris DiPierro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >
> > How do I get hd 0 to report symbols for my app? I've compiled the app
with
> > debug symbols on, but when I do an hd 0 there's basically just a stream
of
> > alloced chunks aside from a few that happen to be identified as handles
> > various DBs and forms, etc.

I don't think anything shown with a "hd 0" would correspond with global
variables in your program.  If the owner wasn't "2", its a system object,
and if it is "2", then its something dynamically allocated.  Sure, one of
the chunks is the global variable pool, but the hd display would break that
pool up into its constituient chunks.

Now, one request I've made to Metrowerks that would be very useful: enhance
the debugger to be able to automatically chase handles using an internally
captured heapdump -- you see a handle, right click on it, view as palm
handle, and now get access to the memory to which it points, even without
locking it.  That would be VERY nice.

--
Ben Combee
Veriprise Wireless <http://www.veriprise.com>