I believe my problem has been solved.  I don't know for sure but I am
willing to bet that my problem of my entire form being shifted to the right
by 2 pixels was caused by a corrupted resource file.  I had another problem
where CW could not communicate with the emulator to debug the program.  This
problem was in the same project.  Other projects worked ok with the emulator
and CW.  I discovered an unused icon family in the resource file with no
icons associated with it.  I deleted the icon family and everything is fine
now.  No more debugger problems.

I think this same resource file was giving me the problem with everything
shifted to the right.