I'd recommend putting an error check after your "DmGetResource".

Also ...
 CharPtr unlock=(CharPtr)MemHandleLock(gStringArrayH);
looks like it should be
 CharPtr unlock=(CharPtr)MemHandleLock(theListItems);

Or ...
 theListItems = (Handle) SysFormPointerArrayToStrings( theRecPtr,
theListCount );
should be
 gStringArrayH = (Handle) SysFormPointerArrayToStrings( theRecPtr,
theListCount );

The rest of the code looks correct.