The monochrome devices seem to start in 1-bit, but I
need to change to 4-bit.

After looking again at Aaron's toggle program, I still
don't really understand how this works.

WinScreenMode as used below doesn't seem to do anything.
  tmpdepthP=4;
  WinScreenMode(winScreenModeSet,NULL,NULL,&tmpdepthP,NULL);

>From toggle, I get the below.  (Where is this documented?)
This make it so the *second* time I run, I get 4-bits.
(Changes the depth after the program exits.)
  FtrSet(sysFtrCreator, sysFtrNumDisplayDepth, 4);

So how do I change to and from 1-bit and 4-bit?

Todd.