I discovered what was the problem. Let me explain...
When you have an app that process ctlSelectEvents (who doesn't do it???),
you must set var. handled=true and execute break, to exit the switch (C
stuff...). Every app that I made still today I execute these two lines after
all code for ctlSelectEvent, something like that...

 switch(event->eType)

   case ctlSelectEvent:
     if (event->data.ctlSelect.controlID==btnNewFicha) {
       FrmGotoForm(frmNewFicha);
     }
     else if (event->data.ctlSelect.controlID==btnCancel) {
       FrmGotoForm(frmApp);
     }

     handled=true;
     break;

  case ...

That's the problem. When you click on the PopupTrigger, your app raises
ctlSelectEvent, and it will be handled, and your List will not popup up. I
fixed it to be like this...

 switch(event->eType)

   case ctlSelectEvent:
     if (event->data.ctlSelect.controlID==btnNewFicha) {
       FrmGotoForm(frmNewFicha);
       handled=true;
     }
     else if (event->data.ctlSelect.controlID==btnCancel) {
       FrmGotoForm(frmApp);
       handled=true;
     }

     break;

  case ...

As we use to say, in portuguese, living and learning...

Fabrício de Paula