Mark,
See page 122 of the Palm OS Companion for a discussion of scroll
bars.  Otherwise, there are several good books out that provide good
examples.  Two of my preferred references (other than the PalmOS docs) are
Palm OS Programming The Developers's Guide 2nd edition from O'Reilly and
Palm OS Programming Bible from Foster.
Richard