In article <85071@palm-dev-forum>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
> Short of removing my exception code, is there any way to compile this app
> without resorting to expanded mode? Is there perhaps a more efficient way to
> structure my exception handlers so as to shrink the exception tables? Or
> should I just increment my SOL counter and start working on those callback
> thunks?

Using throw specs can help some.  See my paper from PalmSource 2002 for
a simple modification you can make to the Palm OS headers that will tell
the compiler that no OS routine throws an exception, and can reduce the
size of your exception tables by 15-20%.  See
http://www.palmoswerks.com/stories/storyReader$44.

Outside that, check my site for some more thoughts on exceptions.  Use
the "disassemble" function to try to find out where your big table hits
are.
--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead