> I need to beam records from multiple database and was wondering
> what the best way was of figuring out which database the record
> needs to be entered into on the receiving side.
> Do I just place a header on the record before I beam it or what?

It sounds like you're sending your data "raw". You might want to consider
converting to some kind of interchange format before beaming and then
parsing this interchange format on the receive side. In any case, you need
to mark your data to indicate what its "type" is. This will enable you to
put it in the right database on the receive side. You can do this by sending
out the type at the beginning of the object, as you suggested. Or you can
use a different extension and MIME type. Or you can do both of these things.

Let's say I was writing a single app that combined the features of Address
and Datebook, for example. I'd send out addresses in vCard format using the
.vcf extension and the text/x-vCard MIME type. I'd send out events in
vCalendar format using the .vcs extension and the text/x-vCalendar MIME
type. I'd register to receive both extensions and both MIME types. I'd
ignore the extension and MIME type on the receiving side though. Instead,
I'd use the contents of the object to determine whether it's a vCard or a
vCal. The first line indicates which it is; it'll either be BEGIN:VCARD or
BEGIN:VCALENDAR. This is more reliable than the extension or MIME type.
--
Danny @ PalmSource