Keep your eyes open for something called "Debug Prefs"
- when I had this problem in my programming class, the
other kid with a visor hopped on the net (damn him for
having the money to get a wireless card *g*) and found
the program... he downloaded it, installed it, and if
memory serves, that solved the problem... key words
there being "if memory serves."  You might wanna try
looking around Handspring.com, see if you can find it
there... again, I make no guarantee this will work, I
just think it did - this whole thing transpired in,
roughly, 10/01.

-C