Louis,

Go ahead and use C++. It works quite well on the Palm. Use the POL
framework (http://www.aqpoint.com/pol/), it's an excellent framework
for developing Palm OS applications. There is a small learning curve,
though you'll often end up looking at POL's source code because the
documentation leaves to be desired.

This said, my experience with C++ on the Palm has been excellent. If
you and your developers are good at C++, and if they have a minimal
sence of "economy of resources" for embedded development, then you'll
find it to be a timesaver. The design of the POL framework is very well
done, it's easy to use and you can even turn off features you don't
want for the sake of saving both code space and resources. For my own
projects, I turned off C++ exceptions in POL, and I don't use templates.

The net result ends up being what you can expect from good C++ design:
develop an application in no time, memory leaks become a thing of the
past, push code reuse to the max.

You'll need to take care of a few things, though. Since virtual tables
require global data, you won't be able to use C++ classes with virtual
methods when your app is called using a launch code that doesn't let
you use global data (like sysAppLaunchCmdFind). What I do for that kind
of situation is define some classes with only static methods, so I keep
the design benefit of code encapsulation, small stack-based objects,
etc.

Just my EUR .02 ;-)

Florent

--
Florent Pillet, Code Segment       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Developer tools and end-user products         ICQ: 117292463