On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Mitch wrote:

> Well, I read all the posts I can find about this C vs. C++ issue and decided
> to "convert" a large (and growing) app that we are developing from C to C++.
>
> (We're using CW 8.3.)
>
> The C source created a 106K program on the emulator and the C++ version  was
> 221K.
>
> Also, I'm confused... Where does all the extra "stuff " come from?  The
> exact same runtime libraries are used in both apps.  The source code is only
> minimally different.
>

> Mitch

Can't speak for CW, but under gcc (prc tools), a couple of eextra switches are
needed to prevent linking in of heavy run-time features:

-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti

turning off exceptions (which I believe uses non-exception new and delete
operators) and run-time type identification.

Possibly you need to investigate your CW settings for something similar.

Si.