> Hi all.  I just wanted to write and say how much I love David Williams'
> Multilink: http://www.djw.org/product/palm/multilink/
>
> I've come back to my old PalmOS programming after a few years and the 32K
> limits in my code were right where I left them, at 31.9999K.  So I read
> several very detailed documents on setting up multi-segments with
prc-tools
> 2.x.. but I just couldn't bring myself to use it.
>
> It was then that I decided to use Multilink 0.3 with prc-tools 2.x.  Boy,
it
> just doesn't get any sweeter than this!  I had one itty-bitty problem with
> gdb, which I've sent in a patch to debian btw, but other than that, it's
> been completely transparent to me that I'm using multi-segments.  Didn't
> have to change a single line of code, works with or without globals, and I
> don't even know it's there except for having to type 'load-segments' at my
> first breakpoint during debugging.
>
> If I could ask anything, I would ask that Multilink be packaged up
wherever
> prc-tools is so that more people can use it, and not have to build it
(which
> can have a few sticking points).

Multilink is *very* old :) i used multilink way back in 1999 - and, yes,
it was wonderful in providing multi-segment support to a few of my games
*g* i think i was using 0.2 back then *g* - under solaris

but, really, it has died. development has stopped; and, prc-tools has
superceeded the limitation that existed in 0.5.0 - it was quite easy to
upgrade to use multigen and the new build-prc.

remember - i have done it :) not many users have even heard of multilink *g*

---
Aaron Ardiri                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CEO - CTO                                                  +46 70 656 1143
Mobile Wizardry                             http://www.mobilewizardry.com/