At 14:16 2002-12-10 -0800, you wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently debugging one of my programs, and it
would be very nice to be able to dump data to a file
using the C function 'fprinf()'.  Codewarrior doesn't
seem to recognize this function even with <stdio.h>
included.

My program decompresses data and dumps the
uncompressed data into memory.  I would like to be
able to dump all of this uncompressed data into a file
so that I can manually view it.  Again, this is solely
for debug purposes.  The final release will not have
this code included.

Does anyone know of a way that I can output large
amounts of data for debug purposes in Codewarrior?
Robert, look at the HostControl.h header included with POSE. This defines an API for Palm OS application to read and write files on the desktop system, as well as perform other tasks. You can use this to send data dumps to the Palm OS Reporter program (using the trace functions), or you can even open a file on the desktop machine and dump your data to there.

I've written more on this topic at http://www.palmoswerks.com/stories/storyReader$21.

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead