Ben,

You're "The Man"!  :)  Thanks for your help.  Now,
back to debugging....ugh!  :(

-Robert
www.bapsoft.com

>Hi Everyone,
>
>I'm currently debugging one of my programs, and it
>would be very nice to be able to dump data to a file
>using the C function 'fprinf()'. Codewarrior doesn't
>seem to recognize this function even with <stdio.h>
>included.
>
>My program decompresses data and dumps the
>uncompressed data into memory. I would like to be
>able to dump all of this uncompressed data into a
file
>so that I can manually view it. Again, this is solely
>for debug purposes. The final release will not have
>this code included.
>
>Does anyone know of a way that I can output large
>amounts of data for debug purposes in Codewarrior?

Robert, look at the HostControl.h header included with
POSE. This defines
an API for Palm OS application to read and write files
on the desktop
system, as well as perform other tasks. You can use
this to send data
dumps to the Palm OS Reporter program (using the trace
functions), or you
can even open a file on the desktop machine and dump
your data to there.

I've written more on this topic at
http://www.palmoswerks.com/stories/storyReader$21.

--