>From what I've been told, Symbol does have a Color Palm OS device designed
and ready to go.  However (and this is a big one) they want a large order
before they will send it to manufacturing.  If you have enough drivers to
outfit, they can have their color device.
Its not a matter of falling under the MS spell, it more like a matter of $.
Color has not been as important as ruggedness in the Industrial market until
recently.