At 14:13 2003-1-10 -0700, David Thacker wrote:
Greetings,

I posted this to the tools-forum, with no response, so am trying here...

Is there any possible way to get CW6 to debug to the PalmOS 5.1 Simulator?
I've followed the instructions in the "Testing with Simulator" docs to make
sure the TCP/IP settings are right, but I keep getting a "Transport timeout
error" when I try to debug.

I'm using CW6 (on Win2000) to write Satellite Forms extensions, and have no
need for any of the other stuff in newer versions of CW.  Am I neglecting
some certain setting needed to make it work, or is this just not possible
with CW6?
David, I know we had to make changes both in the V8 debugger and later in the V9 debugger to consistently talk to PalmSim over a debug connection. I doubt you'll be able to get V6 to talk to PalmSim; however, if you try again, make sure that the debugger is set to use TCP/IP to talk to the Palm OS emulator -- PalmSim only supports the TCP/IP debug method.

We no longer support V6 or V7, but you can upgrade from V6 directly to CodeWarrior for Palm OS V9 for the upgrade price.

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead