--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> At 14:13 2003-1-10 -0700, David Thacker wrote:
> >Greetings,
> >
> >I posted this to the tools-forum, with no response, so am trying
here...

> >Is there any possible way to get CW6 to debug to the PalmOS 5.1
Simulator?
> >I've followed the instructions in the "Testing with Simulator"
docs to make
> >sure the TCP/IP settings are right, but I keep getting
a "Transport timeout
> >error" when I try to debug.
> >
> >I'm using CW6 (on Win2000) to write Satellite Forms extensions,
and have no
> >need for any of the other stuff in newer versions of CW.  Am I
neglecting
> >some certain setting needed to make it work, or is this just not
possible
> >with CW6?
>
> David, I know we had to make changes both in the V8 debugger and
later in
> the V9 debugger to consistently talk to PalmSim over a debug
connection.  I
> doubt you'll be able to get V6 to talk to PalmSim; however, if you
try
> again, make sure that the debugger is set to use TCP/IP to talk to
the Palm
> OS emulator -- PalmSim only supports the TCP/IP debug method.
>
> We no longer support V6 or V7, but you can upgrade from V6 directly
> CodeWarrior for Palm OS V9 for the upgrade price.
>
> --
> Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead
> Palm OS programming help @ www.palmoswerks.com

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.  I had concluded as much, but needed to hear
it from someone else to be convinced!

I would upgrade to CW9, except that I have heard from several folks
that they've been unable to link the special SatForms startuplib with
CW versions newer than 6.  Since a large part of my business is
commercial SatForms extensions, and they are the only thing I use CW
for, I've stayed with CW6.  So, I will just have to do without
debugging to PalmSim I guess.

David Thacker