A most interesting thread!

> For
> example, I read somewhere the US Navy is using
> PalmOS devices to score aircraft carrier landings.
> (If you do that on the aircraft carrier Enterprise,
> I think it qualifies as an enterprise app <g>).

Thank you, I needed that <g> today !!

> As for (new) ideas, I doubt that many people on
> this list are interested in passing out brilliant
> new ideas they may have had (unless they are in
> a different business).  But just look around what
> exists today, and think about what tasks in an
> enterprise business process can be improved by
> using a PalmOS (or other handheld) device.  That's
> how we all (typically) come up with ideas,
> for enterprise or personal use.

Seriously, we all have ideas, but since we are all developers, we know the
value of the idea is always worth much more than the coding.  The idea
provides the value.  For example, having a program which generates random
numbers between 1 and 100 is probably not valuable to anyone (oops - I am
assuming again <g>), but it could be an enterprise application if an
enterprise needed mobile personal to possess these random numbers for the
success of the enterprise.  (if you find such a company, let me know who
they are, I need to be sure my mutual funds are not with them <g>)

If this is a school project, then I don't think you will have to worry about
market acceptance of your product, so any idea will probably do.  If you are
intending on taking this product to market, then you should probably be
asking business administration and management types that work in enterprises
what they need.  I assume that most of those who frequent this forum do not
fall into that category.   Whether you are in school or not, I suggest you
visit your local college and approach the Business Administration
department.  They generally have liaisons for local businesses to provide
this type of help or input - and it's usually free.

Gary