Joe Malone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:

| Did you read what I said?  (No, or you wouldn't have to ask.)
Yes.

| The point of my message was that Handspring has issued a dire warning
| in their e-newletter which was either very poorly written, or was
| intended to scare people away from third party software.
| Since most of
| the people on palm-dev-forum are creators of third-party software, I
| thought it would be of interest to point this out.  If it is not of
| interest to you, then you may ignore it, but you really don't need to
| call me a "troll".
Then, why did you omit the last part of the sentence, maybe deliberately?

| On a technical note, I find it hard to believe that deleting
| third-party software that I am not using (that's the only sw that I
| "don't need") is going to save battery life.  It hardly matters what
| combination of bits is sitting there!
This is not correct.  It said "you don't need", not "you are not using".

As I said in the other message, I think deleting *3rd party apps which you rarely use"
is one of the effective way (*from the user's point of view*) to extend battery life.
 (And their e-newsletter intend to be read by the *user*, I think.)

Technically, lots of apps installed is a burden for application launchers.

| I have nothing more to say on this topic.
Thank you for shutting up.

js3guj