Dear js3gu,

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 04:53 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| On a technical note, I find it hard to believe that deleting
| third-party software that I am not using (that's the only sw that I
| "don't need") is going to save battery life.  It hardly matters what
| combination of bits is sitting there!
This is not correct.  It said "yo
What does it matter if you don't use it or don't need it??? I am puzzled greatly how this affects the battery life. Perhaps with less apps. installed, the refresh bicycles don't wear their tyres out and therefore last longer as they don't have so far to go?

u don't need", not "you are not using".

As I said in the other message, I think deleting *3rd party apps which you rarely use"
is one of the effective way (*from the user's point of view*) to extend battery life.
(And their e-newsletter intend to be read by the *user*, I think.)

Technically, lots of apps installed is a burden for application launchers.

This is possibly a valid point...but isn't that what they are for...what's the point of having an app. launcher if you only have one program on your device for example. It's more of a burden for users, whic is why a *good* lanucher is even more useful. Serves users for littering their devices!

| I have nothing more to say on this topic.
Thank you for shutting up.

Can you please explain to me, in words (endian-ness of your choice) of one syllable because I am 2sTooPID to understand how deleting programs from a device is going to extend the battery life. My battery tends to wear out when I turn it on and use *any* program, 3rd party or not. Does your PC slow down when you fit another hard drive? Will my waistline reduce if I throw out my old pairs of trousers and pants?

Handspring Users: For max. battery life, delete everything, jump up and down on it until the battery drops out, then
place it in a cool dark place (inside your heads?) and I guarantee that your battery charge will last a very long time.

Sean.

Of course, I *am* joking...