Hi Ben,

>I am using CW9 on Win98. I debug my program on the real device (Tungsten).
>My program works fine until I add segment 3 to it then the program works
>fine in the debugger
>until I exit the program. At this time the palm still OK. When I kill the
>debugger, then the
>Tungsten resets and and stay in the Palm logo screen forever until I do a
>hard reset.

Ben wrote:
What happens when you drag
the app's PRC file to POSE or PalmSim?

--> When I drag the PRC to PalmSim. It is OK, I run it, it is OK, actually it doesn't
do much
because I need the SD card to work with my program so the program just display an
error message
and tapping OK exits the program.
Then, I try to run the debugger, exit the program on PalmSim OK but when I try to kill
the
debugger, I get this error "I:\DoghouseII\ARM\Core\Emul68K\SrcSlowEmu\Run68K.c,
Line:3109, Invalid
read from FFFFFF28" in the message window, there are also 3 buttons "Reset", "Ignore"
and "Quit"
on the next line, then button "Debug" on another line. The last line has 3 checkboxes
"Break in
Native" (uncheck), "Break in 68K" (check), and "Break in Native then 68K" (uncheck).
When I hit
"quit" button, this message window disappear, so does the PalmSym. I open the PalmSym
again and
try to debug again but I get the message saying that it can not down load the database
because the
database may be protected by DmDatabaseProtect().

Ben wrote:
What happens if you do a no-notify reset -- reset the device with the up
part of the d-pad held?  This resets the device without sending out
notifications to the installed applications.

--> IF I do a no-notify reset, the Tungsten goes to Prefs (back to normal). Now, I can
run my
program normally (not in debug mode).

Ben wrote:
When you look at your map file for your project, how large is the third
segment?  Does it exceed 64K?

--> I don't know if I look at the right place. Segment 1:41K, segment2: 32K, segment
3:26K. The
program always gets to the point that I have the linker errors "16 bit out of
range..." before it
reachs 64K.

I will contact tech support, I think it is bugs in my program ...

Thank you so much for the quick response.

tnn