At 17:55 2003-2-13 -0500, you wrote:
Yea.  I hear what you are saying and I've been in the documents that came
with CW8 and the online index, recipes, etc from PalmSource about this
issue.

This issue is probably caused by a bug that I have yet to find in the code.
However, I was hoping it was something else.  I am using FrmReturnToForm(
0 ) in form B when I am done processing there, so that I can go back to form
A.  If anyone knows what would cause form A's event handler to not be
reinvoked after leaving form B with a call to FrmReturnToForm( 0 ), please
let me know.
Since your handler for form A gets the update event, I think its handler is being set correctly and remains correct. The issue seems to be that form A is not becoming the active form, since only the active form gets events from the system. In looking at the code for FrmReturnToForm, it should always set the last loaded form as active when used with the zero formID parameter. On a debug ROM, you'd get an error message if the device didn't have a form to setup as active.

Try calling FrmGetActiveForm after your FrmReturnToForm call and just verify that the form you expect to be active really is.

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead