Ralf,
Thanks for the response but looks like I misled you by
not giving the complete EventLoop code, I am filtering
these events out and not passing them to the
SysHandleEvent(). Here is my EventLoop function -

void EventLoop()
{
   EventType event;
   do
   {
        EvtGetEvent( &event, 2000 );
        if(( ERROR_CHECK_LEVEL ==
             ERROR_CHECK_FULL ) &&
             ( event.eType ==
               keyDownEvent ) &&
             ( event.data.keyDown.chr ==
               keyboardChr ) &&
             ( romVersion >= sysMakeROMVersion(
               3,0,0,0,0 )) &&
             ( SysGremlins( GremlinIsOn, 0 )))
        {
        // ignore [abc] and [123] when running Gremlins
        }
        if ((event.eType==keyDownEvent) &&
            (event.data.keyDown.chr==vchrContrast) ||
            (event.data.keyDown.chr==vchrBrightness))
            {
                // ...
            }

            else if( not SysHandleEvent( &event ))
            {
                Word ignore;
                if( not MenuHandleEvent( 0, &event, &ignore ))
                {
                        if( event.eType == frmLoadEvent )
                        {
                                const Word formID = event.data.frmLoad.formID;
                                FormPtr form = FrmInitForm( formID );

                FrmSetActiveForm( form );

                FrmSetEventHandler( form,
GetEventHandler( formID ));                                     }
                else
                {

                    FrmDispatchEvent( &event );
                }
        }
    }
  }while( event.eType != appStopEvent );
}

But the problem is that it works when we have a
regular form on the screen, but not when we have an
alert box or a date picker on top of the form. This is
the real issue. The application crashes when we press
the contrast adjustment button while there is an alert
box open on top of my screen.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Prashant