What about doing something like the following? In your application, re-map the contrast button so that it launches some application (e.g. Calc) using PrefSetPreference.

Create a global variable that delermines whether or not you allow an exit from your application:

Boolean bAllowAppExit;

Then whenever you show an alert or calender etc make sure that the variable is set to false. In your event loop, stipulate that this variable must be set to true to allow an AppStop event:

  do
  {
        EvtGetEvent( &event, 2000 );
       // more code

}while(event.eType != appStopEvent || bAllowAppExit==false);

I know its convoluted but it should work. I used it to prevent a user from exiting my application during a FrmCustomAlert type situation.

Regards,

Ger