At 02:25 PM 8/12/2003, Scott Johnson wrote:
From: Ben Combee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> C++ doesn't allow the implicit taking of a function pointer
> from a function bare name.  That's what the error is saying.

Ben, are you sure about that?  My copy of Stroustrup 3rd Ed. (section
7.7) explicitly states the '&' is optional, and the compiler I'm
presently using (alas, for a non-Palm platform) is happy either way.

I was wrong. C++ will allow implicit function-to-pointer conversion, as indicated by $4.3 in the ISO C++ (1999) standard.

I think the error message was wrong -- it showed the types from the original conversion step, rather than the types that mismatched. I'll see if this still fails like this with the current compiler sources.

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead