Another alternative - use the Eclipse IDE platform (downloadable from http://www.eclipse.org) and the C/C++ Development Toolkit plugin, tied into prc-tools. It's free and you can easily extend it to add editors for other things (for example, you can try one of the free PilRC tool builders if you don't want to edit the PilRC source directly, or you could buy Falch.net's PilRC Designer for $29 and tie it into the .prc files yourself...). You should even be able to tie in GDB debugging.

And, again, it's all open-source.