Hello,

I am trying to implement support for the Dynamic Input Area (DIA) on the
Tungsten T-3. I have installed the required support .prcs (AppSlipRotate.prc
and StatusBarLib.prc). I am successfully telling the OS to enable the DIA. I
am also able to receive an event when the user has minimized the DIA and
recalculate/redisplay the size of my screen.

The problem comes when I go to open another form from the form that has the
closed DIA. When I call the FrmDrawForm() routine, the DIA opens back up. I
am calling the following prior to the draw on the new form:

FrmSetDIAPolicyAttr( m_pFrm, frmDIAPolicyCustom );
PINSetInputTriggerState( pinInputTriggerEnabled );
WinSetConstraintsSize(FrmGetWindowHandle( m_pFrm ), 320, 320, 450, 320, 320,
320); // I am in full-resolution mode

The "Applications and Dynamic Input Areas" document indicates that
WinSetConstraintsSize() must be called in the handler of the frmLoadEvent or
frmOpenEvent. I am using FrmNewForm() to dynamically create my forms, so
neither frmLoadEvent nor frmOpenEvent fire. I have tried to call
WinSetConstraintsSize() immediately before the draw. I have even tried
calling PINSetInputAreaState( pinInputAreaClosed ) immediately before
FrmDrawForm() just to try and force the area closed, but no luck, the DIA
still opens.

Any ideas? Could it be that dynamic forms were not considered when support
for dynamic input areas was implemented?

Thanks,

Chris Updegraft