Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to speed up a Database sort?
I think AddressBook is able to retrieve the data is a quick time.
My question concerns DmQuickSort and DmInsertionSort to sort
the database. Having even a small database of 300 records can take up to
3-4 seconds.
Anything larger is even worse.

If you are running your 68K app on a 5.x device, then one problem is with the comparison routine callback. The Data Mgr has to do an ARM->68K switch with each call to it, and that kills performance. The Address Book on 6.x devices has a special ARM shared library that implements its sorting, and thus avoids this problem.

-- Ken
--
Ken Krugler
<http://www.krugler.org>