> No-one has yet answered my question, though, and you should be able to.
> Why is cygwin required to **use** prc-tools? Do the tools rely on it
> internally?

prc-tools could technically be compiles using something else other
than cygwin gcc. the source is there, you can go ahead and provide a
borland/visual studio build of the product, then package it up so
it doesn't depend on cygwin.

as an open source project, you are more than welcome to try this. from
our point of view, cygwin provides a great bridge of compatibility from
linux/unix to the windows platform. why should any of us work our asses
off to get a non cygwin version? when - in many cases the cygwin version
works fine for most of us.

now - if someone was to *PAY* any of the prc-tools guys to provide
a non cygwin version; and, account for all the time required to do so.
it'll definately be something one of us would do.

---
Aaron Ardiri
PalmOS Certified Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]