My app is a little slower than I want it to be. There are some things that I
think I can do a little better to speed it up.  I was wondering what common
operations on the palm take the most amount of time.  These are some of the
operations that I am using in my function, but feel free to mention others.

MemHandleNew/Lock/Unlock/Free

StrAToI(...)

if (char[index] != NULL)    //I assume this usually takes only one
comparison

setText(Field, string)

Also, is the function "TimGetTicks()" an effective way to measure
performance
of a single or small number of operations, or is this an imprecise
measurement?

Thanks

Kevin