With MemHandleLock, once it's locked, if you lock it again it doesn't take
too much time, it basically just increments the lock count. Therefore, you
do not have to make dramatic change to your code, just lock it once before
you call a stack of functions, and unlock it when it's done.
LionScribe

"Flex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Concentrate your efforts on MemHandleLock - it's hell slow operation. If
> you can avoid some of the locks (by pre-locking for example) you'll be
> happy.
> Also if you can share one single buffer for all your... hm... records? I
> mean allocate the maximum length and save a couple of
new/lock/unlock/free.