David,

>>I'd be interested in any facts behind this somewhat slanderous allegation
>>:-)

If you make SampleCollapse_R3 and put it on the OS 6 Simulator, you can see
a problem by doing the following:

- In application launcher, open/maximize the DIA.
- Tap on "Collapse" application
- Tap on "Modal Lock" button (This form/method simulates common message and
info modal dialogs that don't need special handling).  But, on OS 6 the DIA
is not locked (as expected).
- Close/minimize the DIA

Notice that as the DIA area closes, it leaves traces of itself and basically
just looks messed up.  This happens on both debug and release simulators.  I
also saw this behavior at PalmSource on the development boards, but did not
have a chance to verify it wasn't something I was doing wrong.

What is the recommended PalmSource way to fix this?
a) Add specific code for each dialog (no matter how simple) to support DIA?
b) Add a WindowConstraints resource for these "Simple" dialogs (but not for
regular form dialogs)
c) Something else?

If it makes any difference, I am using CW 9.2 and PalmOS_5_SDK_68K_R3.

Thanks for the help.

Dan Tappe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.chapura.com