I just ran into this problem too. I am using SampleCollapse_R3 on the OS 6 Simulator with Code Warrior 9.3. When I step through the code I find that inside the function CollapseSetTriggerStates() when Err error = PINSetInputTriggerState(newState) is called, it returns error = 0x5000 which is pinErrNoSoftInputArea. This shows where the bug is that is causing the problem that Dan explained, but does not explain why and I don't see a work-around. Another data point is that CollapseAppStart finds that g_CollapseAPIVersion is 0x02003000.

If anyone has found a solution to this problem, please let us know.

Thank you.

Keith

P.S. SampleCollapse_R3 adapted to my programs runs well for OS version < 6.

David Fedor wrote:

If you make SampleCollapse_R3 and put it on the OS 6 Simulator, you can see
a problem by doing the following:

Thanks for providing an actionable bug report! I don't have cycles to look at it myself today (today is meeting after meeting), but hopefully someone else will be able to.

-David Fedor
PalmSource, Inc.