> > maybe it is in the spec of a font family that it requires the lo-res
> > font? ever thought about that? i am sure the check wouldn't be put there
> > unless there was a reason to put it there.
>
> Then why is it possible with PalmSource's own Constructor to create
> extended font resources with a single member? (See the example of "Teeny
> tiny fonts" in the Knowledgebase.)

good question - i believe the discussions that have been had on the
pilrc-developer mail list about this. i am not sure why this restriction
is there (someone brought it up tho).

if it could be clarified, we can easily fix it. its also like the 384
string limit within a stringlist - not sure why that limit is coded in
there either.

> And please, why do you always feel personally offended if anybody says
> anything about Pilrc? This is really annoying. The next thing you are
> going to say is probably "fix it yourself". Hey, I did not mean to
> offend the Pilrc team. You are doing great work! I am only trying to
> find a solution to my problem.

but, you can fix it yourself. download the source, edit those lines of
code and recompile. then, you can submit the change to the pilrc-developer
mailing list and ask if it should be there or not - because, there can
be bugs in our code as well.

instead of being a user, how about being a contributor? if you could
find a few references as to why it should be ok for having a single
density font in the font family, please do find them and bring them
to our attention :)

it is definately something that needs clarification - unfortunately
not all of us have the luxury of being able to clear things up due
to other work commitments.

---
Aaron Ardiri
PalmOS Certified Developer